- 1 1/3 cups spelt, white, oat, or gf ap flour
- 1/4 cup sugar of choice (or erythritol for sugar free)
- 1/4 tsp each: cinnamon and salt
- 1/4 cup oil or butter spread
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 cups peeled apple, sliced thin (400g)
- pinch stevia OR 1 tbsp pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
- optional 1/2 cup raw walnuts, diced small
- optional 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup spelt, white, oat, or gf ap flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (or erythritol for sugar free)
- 1/4 cup oil, OR 1/4 applesauce for fat-free
- 1/8 tsp salt
This recipe calls for an 8-inch springform, but it also works in a 9-inch if you double the entire recipe.
Preheat oven to 350F, line the bottom of an 8-inch springform or removable-bottom tart pan with parchment, and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry crust ingredients, then stir in the oil and water to make a dough. Transfer to the prepared pan, press down hard, and bake 12 minutes on the center rack. Toss the apple and sweetener in a medium bowl, then spread evenly over the baked crust. In a third bowl, combine all crumble ingredients. Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the apples. Bake 50-60 minutes or until apples are soft and tender. Allow to cool 20 minutes before removing the springform.