Nothing like feeling the crisp air of fall… well maybe there is something better – crispy chicken! This one pot recipe is sure to please your entire family! It only takes 40 minutes to put this meal on the table.YIELDS: 4PREP TIME: 10 minsTOTAL TIME: 40 mins
- 1/4 c. plus 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 10 whole peeled garlic cloves, ends trimmed
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved or quartered if large
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, balsamic, thyme, and rosemary and season generously with salt and pepper. Add chicken thighs and toss to coat.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sear chicken thighs skin-side down until crispy, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate. Wipe out skillet, if desired.
- To skillet add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add whole garlic cloves and brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until fragrant and deeply golden, about 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and nestle in brussels sprouts. Bake until chicken is cooked through and brussels sprouts are tender, 15 minutes.
- Garnish with Parmesan and serve.