Did you ever think you could cook a burger like this? Substitute veggies to change it up. Go a little leaner and use ground turkey instead of beef. Versatile, tasty and ease all packed in this recipe!YIELDS: 4TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 c. panko bread crumbs
- 2 T. barbeque sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- 1 c. broccoli
- 1 c. baby carrots
1 c. cubed potatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 3 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Ranch dressing, ketchup or BBQ sauce for serving
- Lay four 12″-x-12″ pieces of foil out on a flat surface and spray with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, barbecue sauce, and garlic powder in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Form into four patties and place one in the center of each piece of foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine broccoli, carrots, potatoes, onions, oil, and Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Top hamburger patties with veggies. Fold the sides of the foil up over the hamburger and veggies to seal and form a packet.
- Grill until hamburgers are fully cooked and veggies are tender, 10 minutes on each side. Serve immediately with ketchup, BBQ sauce, or ranch dressing.